- Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social work
- Either Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW) or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) from MN Board of Social Work
- 1 year of hospital social work experience, 2 years of nursing home experience, or equivalent direct clinical experience required
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Knowledge of community resources
- Assessment, Planning, Evaluation: Collects and analyses pertinent data and/or clinical findings. Incorporates clinical findings and scientific evidence in the development, coordination and implementation of an individualized plan of care to achieve desired outcomes. Evaluates progress towards goals and outcomes identifying opportunities for improvement and change
- Computer Skills Advanced: Skilled in specialized computer software. Ability to use more advanced functions, formulas and other special elements of the specific program or application
- Conflict Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal skills and techniques to gain acceptance for ideas or solutions. Uses influencing strategies to gain genuine agreements; seeks to persuade rather than force solutions or impose decisions or regulations
- Counseling: Ability to provide counseling on an individual and group basis to achieve individual service plan goals. Ability to resolve issues. Ability to use interpersonal skills and methods to reduce or eliminate conflict
- Crisis Intervention: Ability to identify, assess, understand, and cope with a serious situation, especially from the moment it first occurs to the point that recovery procedures start
- Critical Thinking: Gathers and integrates critical information, recognizing and addressing underlying assumptions of others, to arrive at effective solutions; breaks down problems into simple tasks or activities; analyzes relationships among several parts of a situation
- Patient Advocacy: Gathers information that reflects the patient's perspective; advocates and brings resolution to customer concerns; effective in mediating with third party payers on behalf of the patient
- Professional Practice: Demonstrates behavior consistent with the standards, scope of practice, ethics, and characteristics of a licensed professional
At HealthEast, our patients are our neighbors and we are dedicated to their, and our, optimal health and well-being. We are guided by our faith-based heritage, a call to healing that respects the dignity and culture of every person. We empower our patients with user-friendly access to their health information, dependable service, and affordable, high-quality care.
We put new, more efficient models of care into practice, allowing our 7,500 employees and 850 physicians to focus on what’s important: providing compassionate health care that puts the patient and their needs first. With 14 clinics, home care, a medical transportation center, and four hospitals — Bethesda Hospital, St. John’s Hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital, and Woodwinds Health Campus — we provide excellent family health and specialization, including primary, maternity, orthopaedics and post-acute care.